Forums unreachable

Discussion in 'Community Spotlight' started by Fillies Fan, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Fillies Fan

Fillies Fan International Man of Mystery! Trader Group

For at least 12 hours (perhaps longer) it has been impossible to reach the forums by going to www.hotcouponworld.com. Instead, you just get to a bunch of advertisements and nothing to click which will get you to the forums.

I was only able to make this post by looking through my emails for a link to a thread in which I had posted, click on that, and then go from there to the "Forums" link.

jastwins likes this.
  2. XUfan

XUfan Member Of The Month May 2010 Trader Group

That same thing happened to me on either Tues or Wed. I have no idea how long it went on. I got online and checked email, then HCW. I got the page of ads, with no link to the forums. About an hour later, when I checked again, it worked just fine.

3. bugweena

bugweena Well-Known Member Trader Group

Same happened to me yesterday. I just changed my shortcut for HCW to the forums page and now it loads there and I just click on new posts.

4. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

I have the same issue. I emailed Tammy and Dave about it. I can only access forums through tabs in an email.

5. Fillies Fan

I am still having the same problem.

6. pretty woman

pretty woman Active Member Trader Group

Same problem here

7. NoHio

NoHio Administrator Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Trader Group Moderator

I reach HCW through a bookmark, so I didn't even notice the problem. That is worrisome though. www.hotcouponworld.com/community will take you to the forums as well if you can remember to type all that in.

Fillies Fan likes this.
  8. NoHio

Dave fixed the problem. Let me know if any of you still can't see it.

jastwins likes this.
  9. Fillies Fan

Yup, I still have the problem.

10. NoHio

So you don't see "forums" near the top right side of the page? Did you try clearing cookies?

11. Fillies Fan

Okay, I now see the "forums" on the page. The funny thing is that I had How Coupon World bookmarked and until now I was always brought directly to the forums. I also did not have to log in -- now I do. Still, this is small stuff and I am glad that things are fixed.

Somebody else began a thread a few days ago asking where all the members have gone. I replied by saying that when the software was changed there were a lot of problems and many just gave up and stopped posting here. I hope this does not have the same result.

jastwins likes this.
  12. jastwins

jastwins Well-Known Member Trader Group

I can see forums now. Thank you!